Lothian Buses by Numbers
15 facts you probably didn't know about us.
It's been a busy and exciting year here at Lothian Buses. We've had new buses, award wins and tv appearances.
We have also worked with some fantastic charities and got to meet a lot of you, our amazing passengers.
Most of our year we have shared with you but we thought as the year was coming to an end, we would let you see some our amazing and fun 2016 stats.
Did you know...?
- We currently employee 2,210 people.
- On Christmas day we will carry you over 5,000 miles.
- Our control room operates 24 hrs a day, 365 days a year.
- We had to replace 16,920 lost Ridacards in 2016!
- Our longest route is the service X15, which is over 24 miles long.
- This year on boxing day we will cover over 27,000 miles - that's more than once round the whole planet.
- A record 10,124 of you visited us at our annual Doors Open Day
- The average double deck bus is 1,144 cubic metres - that could hold 200,612 pints of milk.
- In the last 12 months we have posted 10,302 tweets.
- Our double deck low floor buses run on tyres that are 275 x 70 x 22.5 - almost a third larger than your average car tyre.
- We have worked our way through 46,355 tickets rolls in the last 12 months
- 28,950 Metro newspapers go out on our buses every day
- On an average week, 320 portions of curry are served across our three depots to staff.
- Our longest serving member of staff has worked with Lothian Buses for 56 years.
- We have reduced our waste this year by 10% compared with 2015.
Posted on: Tue, December 20, 2016 at 12:44
← Latest news