Ridacard - The more you travel, the more you save.
A Ridacard gives you our best value for money travel whenever you need it.
For regular travellers, there’s no better option.
- Our lowest prices for travel by tram and bus
- Unlimited travel on Lothian Buses day services*
- Unlimited travel on Edinburgh Trams
- Unlimited travel on AIRLINK 100
- Unlimited travel on NightBus services
- No need to search for loose change
- Peace of mind that our secure smartcard technology allows replacement if lost
- Flexible: you can pay by monthly Direct Debit or buy in advance when you need it
- 1-week and 4-week top-ups can be purchased accross the city, from any PayPoint within our operating area
- Discounted rate for Students** (with a valid matriculation card)
|Adult||Student**||Junior (5-15 years)|
|One week||Advance Purchase 1 week
|Four week||Advance Purchase 4 week
|9 month||Eligible students only
only available to purchase until 31 October 2016
|Annual||Advance Purchase Annual
|Best value||Direct Debit. Initial, one-off payment of £65, followed by regular monthly payments of:|
|Direct Debit** Monthly
How do I buy a Ridacard?
- Download, print and complete the application form below, or pick one up from one of our Travelshops. Direct Debit customers should also complete Form 2.
- Pop into one of our Travelshops - Hanover Street, Waverley Bridge or Dalkeith.
- Choose your Ridacard - (e.g. advance purchase or Direct Debit). A card issue fee (currently £3) is payable when a card is first issued or subsequently replaced
- Once you have a Ridacard, one week and four week “top-ups” can be purchased either from our Travelshops or from one of the 250 Agents within our operating area. Find your nearest PayPoint agent.
How do I use my Ridacard?
Board the bus and then follow these steps:
Hold your card against the reader with the photo clearly visible.
Green light plus "BEEP".
Expiry date displayed.
Remove card and take your seat.
* Valid on all Lothian Buses except Service 98 and Tours.
** Student Ridacards subject to eligibility requirements